Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August 3rd Ramblings

Today, we signed papers for a house we are lease purchasing. We are not quite ready to buy it so we are leasing it for 6 months. We have been back and forth trying to make the best decision and getting all the little details worked out with the realtors and seller the past few weeks. I have been anxious and stressed out about it, but now I'm just excited. I still have some small anxieties, but I guess that is normal anytime you are making a big decision and putting a large sum of money down on something. Anyways, it seems meant to be. We have been watching this house for months. The price kept dropping (it's a short sale-we didn't know that when we were first looking but explains the price drop). Since we weren't quite ready to buy, I decided to send an e-mail implying about possibly doing a lease purchase. The seller just so happened to be relocating and moving out of the house anyways and agreed to the lease purchase. It's in a neighborhood I've wanted to live in for awhile and it's in the school district we want Hayden to go to. It needs a little work-mainly just some new paint. The carpets need to be cleaned (the lady had a cat) and I'm allergic so my allergies act up a little-so we are having the carpet cleaned really well before we move in. Once we buy it, we're going to rip up the carpet anyways and put new hardwoods downstairs and choose a different carpet for upstairs. (It looks fine-just not what I would have chosen). So now we get to start the fun process of packing! We move in September 1st!! (I'll add pictures later!!)

I also wanted to document something funny Hayden said last night! We decided to go to Wild Wings and Josh told Hayden they would see some hot chick there. I of course rolled my eyes and said we should be going to Hooters then. Well we get there not thinking about anymore and Hayden looks out the window and says, "Where are all the hot chickens?" Josh and I just busted out laughing! We had to drag him into the restaurant because I think he thought a bunch of chickens were going to come running out at him! Hah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment